Sunday, October 9, 2011

Book Review: The Outer Edge of Heaven

I have just one thing to say about Jaclyn M. Hawkes book The Outer Edge of Heaven! I absolutely love, Love, LOVE it!


Okay, really, I actually do have more to say about it. . .


I never wanted The Outer Edge of Heaven to end, and when it did, I wanted more. I could not get enough of this story. It was so well written and the characters so well developed that they were three dimensional. The plot was laced with intrigue and anticipation, not to mention lots of humor and butterfly inducing events. And besides, who can resist a gorgeous hunky cowboy or two?

Charlie(Charlene) is tired of being bullied by her high society influential parents and makes the decision to go with her best friend, Fo to his cousin's ranch in Montana for the summer to escape them. She looks forward to the opportunity to work there and finds that she loves learning the little ins and outs of ranch life and falls in love with the Big Sky Country.

While there she finds that there is a lot to love about the Langston Family, and feels more at home and at peace than she has in a long time in spite of all the dysfunctional craziness that comes with it. It all adds up to lots of great adventures, and some unexpected surprises, especially one in the form of Fo's gorgeous cousin Luke Langston.

While at the ranch Charlie learns that she doesn't more about what it is she really wants in life and finds that it doesn't match up with the path her parents have chosen for you. But instead of running and hiding from them as she has in the past, Charlie struggles to find a way to stand up for herself, all while chasing baby pigs, a bunch of impetuous kids and discovering that she has lost her heart in more than one way to a Big Montana Ranch all while fighting to escape a lurking danger.

This story kept me turning pages as fast as I possibly could. I couldn't read it fast enough to find out what happened next. I was up all night reading, I honestly couldn't help myself. I was so wrapped up in the characters, the story line and the laugh out loud humor that it was impossible to put down. Each page lured me further on into the depth of the story. Unexpected surprises popped up as well as comical out takes that made reading The Outer Edge of Heaven a pure delight!

This is a must read! Treat yourself to a great time. You won't regret it! I highly recommend this book if I were a 5 star rating kind of girl, this book would get 6!~ I am a sucker for a romance and this one delivered and then some.

So what are you waiting for? Get your copy of The Outer Edge of Heaven by Jaclyn M Hawkes click here. And lose yourself on the Langston Ranch for a while. The smile that will soon be on your face will be worth it!


Disclaimer: While I sometimes receive books to review, my opinions are and always will be my own!

No comments: